Accidents involving commercial trucks can have overwhelming consequences. Because these trucks are huge in size and often loaded with goods, the impact on other vehicles can be devastating. If you ever get injured in an accident that involved a commercial truck, consider seeking legal help as one of your priorities. There are some amazing truck accident lawyers in Albuquerque, who can be immensely resourceful in such cases. Here are some ways in which an experienced attorney can help.
- Determining responsibility and liability. The eventual responsibility of a truck accident doesn’t always fall on the driver. In some cases, the trucking company and manufacturer of the truck can be liable too. It all depends on the unique circumstances of the case. A skilled truck accident lawyer can help you establish this basic fact.
- Investigation. How do you know what or who caused the accident? The best person to answer this question is your lawyer. Most truck accident lawyers typically do some investigation into the matter, so that they can determine fault and gather evidence. This may at times even require consulting forensic and subject experts.
- Filing the lawsuit. Filing a truck accident lawsuit requires paperwork and fair understanding of all appliable norms and requirements. New Mexico has its statute of limitations, which allows a period of three years to file such lawsuits, counting from the date of the accident. Your lawyer can ensure that action is taken in time and without any delays.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. An insurance claims adjuster may call you right after the accident, but don’t be fooled to accept any amount that is being offered. They would eventually want to either deny your claim, pin the blame on you, or just reduce their financial liability. With a truck accident lawyer by your side, you don’t have to worry about dealing with insurers.
- Appeal your case. It is quite possible that the verdict favors the trucking company or the driver, but in such cases, there is always the choice of appealing to a higher court. Your lawyer will do what it takes for the appeal, so that you get the compensation that you deserve.
Check online now to find more on Albuquerque truck accident lawyers and make sure that they are willing to work on a contingency basis. This means that the lawyer only gets paid if they win a settlement for you, and that amount is a percentage of compensation received.