Your body needs a variety of nutrients to develop and grow. However, some nutrients like fat may become excess, building up parts of your body, such as around the stomach. Fat around your stomach may result in loss of body shape. According to specialists, you can get rid of fat pockets through body contouring techniques. Women are the most common candidates for body contouring since they are naturally obsessed with beauty. However, men can also undergo fat reduction, but it is infrequent. For fat reduction treatment, book an appointment with McDonough body contouring specialists since they are the best. Below are the ways your doctor can reduce your fat pockets.
The primary body contouring methods
There are four known methods of fat reduction. Body contouring techniques target areas such as thighs, stomach, neck, arms, flanks, underneath the buttocks, also called the banana roll, and the chin. According to research, fat reduction can be surgical or non-invasive. Example of non-invasive methods include:
- Cryolipolysis. Cryolipolysis is a fat reduction technique approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This method uses cold temperatures to destroy fat cells in various body parts. The main advantage of the cryolipolysis method is that the surrounding cell around the area of treatment remains unharmed. Once the fatty cells are destroyed, they don’t appear anymore.
- Laser lipolysis. This technique uses laser lights to target and destroy fat cells. Laser lipolysis is also approved by food and drug administration.
- Radio-frequency treatment. Radio-frequency light rays are passed over the area of treatment to target and destroy fat cells. It is free from pain and discomfort.
- Injection. Injection lipolysis targets the submental area, which is also called a double chin. Your doctor injects a solution called deoxycholic acid to destroy fat cells. Deoxycholic acid is a substance that is naturally produced by the body.
However, there are other new body contouring techniques, and they are all non-invasive. They include:
- Temperature-based treatment. This method is a substitute for the freezing technique. Instead of cooling fat cells, your doctor dissolves the fatty cell using laser heat. During the treatment, laser heat is passed on the area of treatment, melting the fat down. The excess fat is then eliminated through the lymphatic system.
- Enhancement of muscles. This technique uses electromagnetic energy to contract muscles around the area of treatment. Muscle-enhancement treatment targets your abs, thighs, and arms.
- Skin tightening. Excess fat enlarges your skin. Through skin tightening, you can regain your usual skin look. Skin tightening uses radiofrequency and ultrasound energy to regenerate collagen proteins. Collagens are responsible for tightening your skin and keeping it fresh. According to specialists, skin tightening for fat reduction is done through new powerhouse procedures, which is a replacement of thermage and ulthera devices.
Body contouring is a cosmetic technique; thus, some insurance does not cover them. It is vital to seek a professional doctor to avoid side effects and unnecessary discomforts. Ideal MedSpas medical center is the best you can consult for body contouring procedures.