Can You Pursue Compensation for Injuries Caused by a Drugged Driver?

If you have been in a car accident and sustained injuries because of another driver’s negligence, you can pursue compensation for your damages. Thus, if your injuries resulted from the negligent actions of a drugged driver, you can file a claim through the insurance company of this driver. An experienced idaho car accident attorney will help you file a claim and seek full compensation for your injuries and damages. Your attorney knows that insurance companies are known for denying and undervaluing injury claims. This is the reason they will use their extensive knowledge and experience in your type of case to build a strong claim for you.

How to Prove Drugged Driving

As with other personal injury claims, you need to prove the negligence of the drugged driving. Here’s what you should do after a car accident that will help your lawyer build your case:

Call the authorities. Especially if injuries are involved and the at-fault driver was drugged, you should call 911 right after a car crash. In Idaho, drugged driving is not legal. Once the authorities arrive, they will assess the drugged driver to determine if they have truly taken any drugs. Should this driver refuse urine, blood, or chemical tests at the crash scene, you get an extra point for your claim.
Speak with witnesses. If you believe some people saw the actions of the drugged driver before and during the accident, reach out to them while they are still at the scene. Ask their permission if you could record a video of your conversation.
Collect photographic evidence. If possible, take pictures of the accident and the other driver’s vehicle. This might let you find drugs or drug paraphernalia in their car that can be used as evidence against them.
What Happens if the Insurance Company Disputes Your Claim?

Sometimes, even if you have proof that the other driver was under the influence of drugs when the accident happened, their insurance company may deny liability because illegal acts like drugged driving are not under their coverage. But, this is just a technique to make you give up on the case. Your lawyer knows your rights and will stand up for you against insurance giants. Thus, you should not take the word of an insurance claims adjuster for it. If you sustained injuries in a car crash caused by another driver, you should discuss things with a skilled lawyer.

News Reporter